ARQ Centrum’45 uses four treatment techniques specifically aimed at treating posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD):
- BEPP (Brief Eclectic Psychotherapy for PTSD)
- BEP-TG (Brief Eclectic Psychotherapy for Traumatic Grief)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- NET (Narrative Exposure Therapy)
NET is a form of treatment that addresses the working through of serious, shocking experiences. We call these traumatic experiences.Many people who have been through such experiences still suffer badly long afterwards. The event reappears in frightening memories, flashbacks and nightmares. A lot of people try not to talk or think about their experiences. That requires a lot of effort. Also, many people are often quickly angered, irritated and easily startled. Not sleeping well is another common complaint.We call this a Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: PTSD. The best treatment for these complaints is to bring the shocking and traumatic events back to the fore in the patient´s thoughts. This is called “exposure therapy”. NET does this, too but NET also tries to place all the important events in the perspective of the life as a whole.You can read more about the treatment in the brochure NET (pdf 764 Kb).
- NET-online is possible too!. Also watch the video from the Dutch Mental Healthcare about the consequences of corona in the mental healthcare. In the video Ruud Jongedijk (psychiatrist) en Fleur van Hensbergen (therapist) tell about the NET online. Watch the video.